While most of the large conventions in NYC have occurred at the Jacob Javits Center, many other locations around the city have held past conventions and conferences, and they are listed below:
List of Past Large Conventions in NYC
- Democratic National Convention – a political convention held every four years by the Democratic party, in which its purpose is to select the party’s nominee for President.
- Republican National Convention – a political convention held every four years by the Republican party, in which its purpose is to select the party’s nominee for President.
- National Retail Federation Annual Convention and Expo – the world’s largest retail conference where the biggest brands and retailers come to share ideas and insight.
Other Past Conventions in NYC
- Flame Con – launched in 2015 serving as a blend of Comic Con and the LGBTQ community, Flame Con celebrates fans and creators of pop culture who are LGBTQ. It has most recently taken place at the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel.
- Brooklyn Tattoo Expo – tattoo artists and vendors meet under one roof to display their work. Attendees even have the opportunity to receive tattoos from the artists.
- DroidCon – originally started in Europer, Droicon managed to spread to the United States where its focus is on the software development for Google’s Android smartphone framework.
- New York Cocktail Expo – first held in 2016, NY Cocktail Expo sees hundreds of spirit and cocktail enthusiasts come for a day unique craft drinks.
- Solexchange Sneaker Show – a convention where people can display, buy, sell, or trade their sneakers, accessories, and apparel.
- StarChefs Internatioal Chef’s Congress – StarChefs brings together the best of the cooking industry to lead demonstrations, seminars, and tastings for attendants.
- Liberty City Anime Con – what differentiates this convention is that it is run by anime fans for anime fans. Liberty City Anime Con promotes Asian arts, manga, and culture.